Head Chef, Catering, Chef
FULLTIME, PERMANENT PART TIME
Head Chef - Denhams Beach Care Community
Wollongong, Illawara & South Coast
At Opal Health Care, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
At Opal, we strive to deliver an outstanding resident food experience every day. Our dedicated team of chefs lovingly prepare a range of meals and snacks fresh from the kitchen every day. Our food services team are devoted to creating enjoyable food experiences for all residents, particularly as their dietary requirements and preferences change.
About the role:
- Based at Denhams Beach Care Community - 130 bed care home
- Permanent Full-time role working Monday to Friday
- Create your seasonal menu in consultation with residents in the home
- Create nutritious meals and snacks in line with the food services program
- Create enjoyable food experiences for customers
- Ensure detailed compliance with the food safety program
- Oversee and manage the creation and delivery of meals and events
- Create and deliver of outstanding food events
- Full accountability for the food experience and hospitality operations in the home
- Create hero moments for our customers
Our ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Passion for food
- Excellent produce selection and rotation skills
- Outstanding budgeting and ordering skills
- Inspirational team leadership
- Completion of Certificate IV in Commercial Cooking or trade qualification
- Food Safety Supervisory Certification
- 5 years’ experience as a Head Chef
What Opal can offer you:
- Opal Aged Care’s annual Chefs Masterclass
- Leadership and Management Courses available
- Develop your career in Aged Care with succession planning and training
- A competitive salary & supportive management
- Health and wellness programs
- Work/life balance
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance via Opal’s police check system and undergo a pre-employment medical. You may also be required to attend a drug screen and complete psychometric testing.
You must also be willing to obtain a personal NDISWC through your state government provider prior to commencing employment with us.
Please note: a current flu vaccination will also be required for you to work in our homes.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit:
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/why-choose-opal/about-opal
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results
Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time