General Manager Annandale
CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
At Opal Aged Care, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do. Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
This is aged care but not as you know it! Opal Aged Care is one of Australia’s largest aged care providers, with 77 homes across four states and employing a team of over 8,500 nationally. We are transforming our culture and our customer experience, and growing our Opal communities with 10 new care homes scheduled to open in the next two years.
Based at our beautiful warm home in Annandale, we are seeking a General Manager to lead the team in delivering high quality care to residents, whilst creating an engaged team and achieving organisational goals.
As a General Manager at Opal Aged Care you will;
- Create an environment that brings joy to our residents
- Refine your leadership skills
- Inspire and engage your team
- Test your People management abilities
- Balance your customer experience and commercial acumen
- Gain exposure to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Develop your relationship management capabilities
- Optimise your financial skills
- Foster strong relationships within your community
The successful applicant will have:
- Aged care; health care or service industry experience
- Strong Human Resource and leadership skills
- Experience in managing budgets and achieving financial targets
- Experience in managing quality systems and achieving quality standards
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Registered Nurse qualification (ideally)
- Knowledge of the aged care industry, regulations and funding (ideally)
- Understanding of Complaints Resolution Scheme (ideally)
Grow your career with Opal:
- Full scholarships on offer in the WSU Graduate Certificate / Graduate Diploma in Aged Care Management program
- Internal programs for emerging leaders aimed at developing and strengthening leadership capability;
- Partnerships with Laureate International Universities and Western Sydney University (WSU) with regard to post graduate development opportunities
- Travel insurance;
- Lease vehicle options
- Membership discounts with the Australian College of Nursing
Besides a high degree of job satisfaction, Opal Aged Care offers a competitive salary, a professional and social team, professional development opportunities, access to leadership development programs, and a health and wellbeing program.
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance via Opal’s police check system and undergo a pre-employment medical. You may also be required to attend a drug screen and complete psychometric testing.
To meet some of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal Aged Care visit https://www.opalagedcare.com.au/about-us/meet-our-team/
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results
Refer a friend