At Opal Aged Care, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do. Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
This is aged care but not as you know it! Opal Aged Care is one of Australia’s largest aged care providers, with 77 homes across four states and employing a team of over 8,500 nationally. We are transforming our culture and our customer experience, and growing our Opal communities with 10 new care homes scheduled to open in the next two years.
We are currently seeking a Head Chef to join the busy catering team at Opal. We are looking for a suitably qualified person to relieve in our homes in Brisbane’s northern suburbs. We are offering this role on a casual basis initially.
Our Head Chef will be responsible for:
- The creation and effective delivery of nutritious meals for residents, ensuring dietary requirements are met.
- Effective leadership of the Cooks, Kitchen Hands and overall culinary team and ensuring they have the correct skills, knowledge and support to effectively fulfil their role.
- Ensuring the catering service is safe and of high quality that meets resident needs.
Our ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Cert IV in Commercial Cooking or international equivalent essential.
- Minimum 5 years in a Head Chef position.
- Demonstrated management and team leadership skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Food Safety Program and Legislative requirements (WH&S, Fire/Evacuation, Infection Control)
- The ability to cook home-style meals & pastries, along with food ordering & menu creation.
- The ability to set and work within a budget
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- Pride in the quality of the food and meals that is produced in the kitchen
Opal’s food philosophy is that all our food is made onsite and we source 100% of our fish, fruit and vegetables from Australia. We pride ourselves on the standard of meals we provide and we are looking for a passionate chef who enjoys interacting with our residents.
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance via Opal’s police check system and undergo a pre-employment medical. You may also be required to attend a drug screen and complete psychometric testing.
To meet some of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal Aged Care visit https://www.opalagedcare.com.au/about-us/meet-our-team/
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results
Refer a friend