At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal HelathCare is one of Australia’s largest aged care providers, with 80 Care Communities across four states and employs a team of over 9,000 nationally. Opal has one of the strongest growth trajectories in the industry with over ten new aged care homes scheduled to open in the next two years.
About Narrandera Homestead Care Community (70 Bed Care Home):
Set in the heart of the Riverina, Narrandera Homestead reflects the warm country charm of the surrounding area.
Our home has a vibrant social life, with activities and groups designed to meet individual interests and encourage personal connections among our residents and the wider community.
About the role:
Narrandera Homestead is currently looking for Food and Housekeeping Services Officers to join the team on a permanent part-time or casual basis.
Food and Housekeeping Services Officers work across our kitchen, cleaning & laundry departments.
We have vacant shifts on the weekend for the catering department (3pm - 7pm) and multiple different shifts available for the Cleaning/Laundry department.
If you enjoy working in a busy and fast paced environment, while passionate about growing your career in aged care, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
What we look for:
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- The ability to work across our cleaning, kitchen and laundry departments.
- Previous experience in a commercial cleaning or a busy kitchen/ cleaning role
- A certificate in food safety would be highly regarded
- Empathy with the needs of the frail aged (dementia care included)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
What you can expect from us:
- Industry leading hourly rates
- Family friendly rosters with stability of shifts
- A friendly, social, collaborative team
- Ongoing career development opportunities including access to Opal Scholarships
- Career progression to move up & across into roles within a growing organisation - at Opal we are passionate about growing our staff from within!
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system and undergo pre-employment medical. You may also be required to attend a drug screen.
Please note: in accordance with government direction; if you wish to work in aged care you must obtain a current flu vaccination.
You must also be willing to obtain a personal NDISWC through your state government provider prior to commencing employment.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit:
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/why-choose-opal/about-opal