Kitchen Hand, Catering
Hospitality Services Officer (Catering) - Bossley Parkside Care Community
Parramatta & Western Suburbs
At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal is one of the largest residential care providers in Australia, with 77 homes in NSW, VIC, QLD, and WA. We have more than 8,500 dedicated team members caring for over 6,500 residents.
About Bossley Parkside Care Community (96 Bed Care Home):
Bossley Parkside Care Community is set in a quiet residential area in the heart of Western Sydney, close to public transport and Stockland Wetherill Park Shopping Centre.
Our home offers a unique companion model of care, which fosters a sense of community and opportunities for close personal connection.
About the role:
We currently have casual Catering opportunities at our Opal home located in Bossley Park, NSW.
Our Catering Assistants work across a kitchen department assisting our Chef, Cooks and Personal Carers. Our cleaners are expected to provide exceptional cleaning and housekeeping services at the home to maximise resident wellbeing.
If you enjoy working in a busy and fast paced environment, while passionate about growing your career in aged care, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
The successful candidates will possess:
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Kitchen hand experience, preferably in aged care
- Previous experience in a commercial cleaning or a busy kitchen/ cleaning role
- A certificate in food safety would be highly regarded
- Empathy with the needs of the frail aged (dementia care included)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
What you can expect from us:
- Industry leading hourly rates
- Family friendly rosters
- A friendly, social, collaborative team
- Career progression to move up & across into roles within a growing organisation - at Opal we are passionate about growing our team from within!
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system and undergo pre-employment medical.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit: https://careers.opalagedcare.com.au/en/listing/
To meet some of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal Aged Care visit https://www.opalagedcare.com.au/about-us/meet-our-team/
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results
Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time