At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal is one of the largest residential care providers in Australia, with 77 homes in NSW, VIC, QLD, and WA. We have more than 8,500 dedicated team members caring for over 6,500 residents.
About Ashfield Terrace Care Community (132 Bed Care Home):
Offering the very best in luxurious accommodation, Ashfield Terrace Care Community is located in a quiet suburban street in Ashfield in Sydney;'s Inner West. Exceptional clinical care is complimented with elegant and spacious private rooms, living and dining areas, full service cafe and hairdressing salon.
About the role:
We currently have casual Laundry opportunities at our Opal Care Community located in Ashfield.
If you enjoy working in a busy and fast paced environment, while passionate about growing your career in aged care, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Note: you will begin in this position as casual, however there will be intention to progress you to permanent hours within the near future.
The successful candidates will possess:
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Laundry experience, preferably in aged care
- Previous experience in a commercial or busy hospitality role
- Empathy with the needs of the frail aged (dementia care included)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
What you can expect from us:
- Industry leading hourly rates
- Family friendly rosters
- A friendly, social, collaborative team
- Career progression to move up & across into roles within a growing organisation - at Opal we are passionate about growing our team from within!
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system and undergo pre-employment medical.
Please note: in accordance with government directions a current flu vaccination will also be required for you to work in our homes.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit: https://careers.opalagedcare.com.au/en/listing/
To meet some of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal Aged Care visit https://www.opalagedcare.com.au/about-us/meet-our-team/