Care Manager, Care Coordinator, Registered Nurse
FULLTIME, PERMANENT PART TIME
National Infection Prevention & Control Clinical Nurse Consultant.
CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
At Opal Aged Care, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do. Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Reporting to the Director of Clinical Services and based at our Sydney CBD Office, we are seeking an experienced Infection Prevention & Control Clinical Nurse Consultant to join our Clinical Team. The key purpose of the position is to provide clinical expertise and consultancy through advanced clinical leadership relevant to the speciality of Infection Prevention and Control.
The Clinical Nurse Consultant provides direct and indirect care as required; working in collaboration with Opal Homes’ leadership at a local level (Care Managers, Nurse Educators) and nationally with the Clinical Services and Quality Team to support teams in the provision of safe quality healthcare through exemplary clinical nursing standards of practice for the specialty of Infection Prevention & Control.
The position is responsible for planning and delivering an effective infection prevention and control service through the implementation of a system-wide approach within a culture of improving performance, consistent with the Opal’s values and goals. The Infection Prevention & Control Clinical Nurse Consultant will provide leadership and be responsible for the management of infection prevention and management services across Opal’s Homes.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Tertiary qualification in nursing with current registration with AHPRA.
- Post graduate qualifications in Infection Prevention and Management, or gerontology, clinical management, or relevant clinical areas.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse in similar senior clinical nurse leadership role in Health or Aged Care
- Extensive experience in infection prevention & control in acute, sub-acute and/aged care sector
- Experience in evaluating workplace practices against accreditation standards, quality systems, and organisational policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities with the ability to maximise productive working relationships and effective change.
- A true passion for care, continuous quality improvement and the aged care industry.
This position is being offered on a permanent full time basis.
An ability to travel on a regular basis and at short notice is a requirement of this position.
The successful candidate will be required to have a flu vaccination in accordance with government directions before they commence employment in our homes.
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system and undergo pre-employment medical. You may also be required to attend a drug screen and complete psychometric testing.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our clinical services & quality team and to make a key contribution to the care of our residents and the overall success of Opal Aged Care.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit https://www.opalagedcare.com.au/careers/current-vacancies/
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal Aged Care visit https://www.opalagedcare.com.au/about-us/meet-our-team/
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results
Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time