FULLTIME, PERMANENT PART TIME
Registered Nurse - Warrnambool Riverside
Geelong & Great Ocean Road
At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal HealthCare have 80 care communities and a team of over 9,000 across Australia. With 10 new care communities opening in the next two years, we are growing with multiple opportunities on the horizon.
About Our New Home Extension:
Opal is excited to announce the opening of our newly refurbished rooms at our Warrnambool Riverside Care Community in late 2020, adding an additional 38 residential places to the current home. Our new extension offers light-filled rooms with direct garden access, private balcony or courtyard, ensuite bathrooms & landscaped gardens to relax with family and friends. We offer dedicated aged care services including care for people living with dementia. The home will also offer hairdressing and beauty salon so our residents can feel their best.
About the role:
- Full Time working across AM / PM / Night shifts
- Casual to permanent PT or FT opportunities
- Follow and implement the 8 Standards of Care.
- Provide Choice, Empathy, Dignity and Respect for residents to achieve maximum quality of life and independence
- Deliver the highest quality of clinical care and holistic support to our residents
- Demonstrate a positive leadership style with the team, residents, families and other professionals
- Provide clinical guidance and coordinate the care team
- Create and review care plans and escalate any issues of concern
- Develop and maintain positive resident/family and team relationships
Are you relocating to Warrnambool? Opal might be able to offer accommodation assistance while you look for permanent place to live in.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Current practicing Registration as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA
- Minimum of 1 year experience as an RN
- Knowledge of Aged Care Quality Standards, regulations and funding
What Opal can offer you:
- Develop your career in Aged Care with succession planning and training
- Graduate Nurse Program starting in August 2021
- Multiple Scholarship opportunities across Nursing, Dementia Care, Lifestyle, Leadership, and more
- Access to leading talent and management programs
- Platinum Affiliation with the Australian College of Nursing (ACN)
- Health and wellness programs
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system and undergo pre-employment medical & drug screening. Candidates will also be required to have the flu & covid vaccinations in accordance with government directions. You must also be willing to obtain a personal NDISWC through your state government provider prior to commencing employment.
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/about-us/meet-our-team/
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results
Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time