Service Desk Consultant
IT Client Services Consultant (Service Desk)
CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
At Opal Aged Care, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do. Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal Aged Care is one of Australia’s largest aged care providers, with over 78 care communities across four states and employs a team of over 8,500 nationally. Opal has one of the strongest growth trajectories in the industry with over ten new care communities scheduled to open in the next two years.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and proactive End User Service’s (EUS) Support person to provide assistance and support for our team members both in-office and remotely. The role is an integral part of the IT Team, and works closely with both Infrastructure and Application Support services. The position reports to Opal Aged Care’s, EUS Manager.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience and capabilities working in an IT service desk role or equivalent, providing both L1 and L2 support across the following key responsibilities and not limited to:
- Identify and resolve incidents, changes, problems and requests for technical and non-technical assistance via phone, email, chat and support tools etc., in an effective and timely manner
- Analyse, resolve and troubleshoot user desktop/server technical issues, Infrastructure, MFD’s and network faults, including application and telephony issues and integrated OPAL System’s, working with relevant vendors and OPAL personnel.
- Perform infrastructure, desktop, server, network and telephony administration, configurations, software installations, upgrades, maintenance, and backups.
- Perform basic administration tasks (such as password resets, account creations/deletions, telephony configuration) within OPAL guidelines.
- Document all service desk interactions in our ITSM tool.
- Participate in creating technical documents and uploading into knowledge base; and
- Identify, own and escalate more complex problems or urgent situations to appropriate senior resources or other departments.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- 2 -5 years’ experience or equivalent in a similar role.
- Experience with Microsoft Products such as MS Office, Windows Server and Workstation OS, Active Directory, Exchange and Citrix
- Understanding of Network(s), e.g. troubleshooting routers, switches, and firewalls etc.
- IT Telephony and Aged Care Systems experience preferred.
- Previous use of ITSM tools
- Bachelor Degree / Diploma in IT or equivalent preferred
- Industry vendor certifications highly regarded (Microsoft MCP, CISCO, and Citrix etc.).
Desired Personal Attributes:
- Strong time management and interpersonal skills and the ability to perform under pressure handling simultaneous assignments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and team player
Applicants must be available to work a rotating roster Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am and 6pm, after hours work and travel could be required.
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system and undergo pre-employment medical.
All candidates will be required to have a flu vaccination in accordance with government directions before they commence employment in our homes.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Opal Team and to make a key contribution to the care of our residents and the overall success of Opal Aged Care.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit https://www.opalagedcare.com.au/careers/current-vacancies/
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal Aged Care visit https://www.opalagedcare.com.au/about-us/meet-our-team/
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results
Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time