Trades and other services
Opal Maintenance Painter
CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
At Opal Aged Care, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal Aged Care is one of Australia’s leading aged care providers with 78 Care Communities nationwide. We are transforming our culture and our customer experience, and growing our Opal communities with 10 new care homes scheduled to open in the next two years. With this growth, we are seeking an Opal Maintenance Painter to keep our Sydney homes looking fresh, new, warm and welcoming.
This is an exciting opportunity for a “Master Painter” to join our Opal family and provide quality painting services to our care communities across the Sydney area and the Central Coast. You will be a highly skilled painter who is able to demonstrate your strong painting experience in a similar setting and covering a broad portfolio.
You will be a good leader with an ability to encourage, support and mentor our Maintenance Officers at each home so that they may perform simple painting tasks to a high standard. You will represent Opal in friendly, caring and engaging manner towards our residents, family members and team. You will live and breathe our purpose ‘To bring joy to those we care for’.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 10 Years’ Painting experience in a similar dynamic service setting and across multi-site.
- Experience in, plaster patching/repairing, professional siliconing and corking/filling; would be a distinct advantage.
- A good leader with an ability to develop and mentor the maintenance team and contribute towards a positive team culture.
- A calm, caring nature with a genuine interest in engaging with our residents and their families in a positive way and creating meaningful relationships.
- Strong communication skills, well organised with superior time management skills.
- Well presented with a neat, tidy appearance.
- Flexible to travel to homes in the greater Sydney area, Central Coast and some regional areas.
- Access to a well presented van or suitable vehicle would be an advantage but not essential.
- Full clean drivers licence.
What we can provide you with:
- Opportunity to work within a team of experienced property experts who share a passion for creating beautiful environments.
- A competitive salary
- Health and wellness programs
- A friendly, social, collaborative team with supportive management.
- An environment where long-term relationships with residents and their families are treasured
Join us to make a meaningful difference.
To meet some of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal Aged Care visit: https://www.opalagedcare.com.au/about-us/meet-our-team/
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system and undergo pre-employment medical & drug screening. Candidates will also be required to have a flu vaccination in accordance with government directions.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results
Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time