Chef, Demi Chef, Food Services Attendant
Weekend Cook / Food Services Officer – Opal Oceanview
North Shore & Northern Beaches
At Opal Aged Care we are passionate about delivering the highest quality care to our residents and only employ outstanding team members who share our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect & Excellence.
At Opal, we strive to deliver an outstanding resident food experience every day. Our dedicated team of chefs lovingly prepare a range of meals and snacks fresh from the kitchen every day. Our food services team are devoted to creating enjoyable food experiences for all residents, particularly as their dietary requirements and preferences change.
About Opal Oceanview: Located overlooking Mona Vale Golf Course, at Opal Ocean View our focus is always on providing an inviting atmosphere for all our residents and families.
We are currently seeking an experienced Weekend Cook / Food Services Officer. The successful applicant will work weekends as a Cook and three weekdays as a Food Services Officer.
About the role:
- Cover the Head Chef role at the weekend or when required in addition to weekday Food Services Officer duties
- Contribute to the creation of the seasonal menu.
- Create nutritious meals and snacks in line with the food services program.
- Ensure detailed compliance with the food safety program.
- Oversee and manage service of meals.
- Create enjoyable food experiences for customers.
- Full accountability for the food experience and hospitality operations in the home in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Create hero moments for our customers.
Our ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Passion for food
- Excellent produce selection and rotation skills
- Outstanding budgeting and ordering skills
- Inspirational team leadership
- Completion of Certificate IV in Commercial Cooking or trade qualification
- Food Safety Supervisory Certification
- 3 years’ experience as a Cook
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work to direction
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system.
Please note: a current flu vaccination will also be required for you to work in our homes.
Please visit http://www.opalagedcare.com.au/careers/jobs-board/ for a full listing of all our current vacancies at Opal Aged Care
To meet some of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal Aged Care visit https://www.opalagedcare.com.au/about-us/meet-our-team/
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results
Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time