Care Manager, Care Coordinator, Educators, Registered Nurse
Dementia Care Consultant
CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal HealthCare are Australia’s leading aged care provider with 80 Care Communities and a team of over 9,000 across Australia. We are in high growth, transforming the face of aged care and we invite you to join us on this journey.
This is aged care, but not as you know it.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Dementia Care Consultant to join our team. The ideal candidate will be an innovative, senior clinician, with demonstrated experience in a similar role and the desire to further develop your career in dementia within a sector leader. As Dementia Care Consultant, you will play an instrumental role in implementing Opal's dementia philosophy and model of care on a national level. This will be achieved through the delivery of a dementia specific curriculum and a positively engaged team culture where leadership, Meaningful life Champions, Educators and care teams are equipped with the knowledge and practical skills to deliver the desired resident outcomes.
You will have the unique opportunity to be a part of a team who are developing Centres of Excellence across our homes through a dedicated programme designed to improve Person Centred Care and meaningful life for all our residents.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Registered Nursing AHPRA Registration with solid aged care and dementia experience.
- A recognised qualification and/or desire to specialise in dementia care.
- Proven experience with the support and care of people with Dementia is essential.
- Proven abilities in supporting quality and continuous improvement initiatives in aged care.
- Demonstrated experience in education and training including application of evidenced-based adult learning methodologies.
- A bright, creative and innovative thinker with a can-do attitude, who can positively contribute to Opal’s dementia philosophy.
- Fantastic interpersonal skills and ability to build strong, long lasting and meaningful relationships with the team, residents and family members.
What we can provide you with:
- Work with and support one of the most experienced dementia experts in the country.
- Access to extensive career leadership opportunities within a growing organisation including internal development pathways, leadership events and special projects.
- An environment where long-term relationships with residents and their families are treasured
- Join us and make a meaningful difference to the lives of our residents and those living with dementia.
This position does require someone who is flexible to travel on a regular basis across NSW and Inter-State.
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system and undergo pre-employment medical. You may also be required to attend a drug screen.
You must also be willing to obtain a personal NDISWC through your state government provider prior to commencing employment.
Please note: a current flu vaccination will also be required for you to work in our homes.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit:
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/why-choose-opal/about-opal
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results
Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time