At Opal Health Care, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
At Opal, we strive to enable residents to continue to live lives of meaning and have opportunities to participate in purposeful activity. We encourage residents to actively contribute to their communities and to have a real sense of purpose in their day.
About the Opportunity:
Our Ashfield Terrace Care Community currently has an opportunity for an enthusiastic person to join their team as a Lifestyle Officer and support the delivery of the Meaningful Life program in the home.
You will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to enable residents to live their best life in aged care. The role reports directly to the Wellbeing & Lifestyle Coordinator.
What you can bring to Opal:
• A passion for delivering high quality care that makes a difference for our residents.
• An eagerness to grow and develop your aged care career.
• A Diploma or Certificate IV in Leisure & Lifestyle qualifications.
• Relevant experience in aged care or dementia care.
• Excellent customer service & resident relation skills.
• Strong verbal, written and communication skills and commitment to continuous quality improvement.
• Knowledge of the aged care industry, regulations and funding would be highly regarded.
What Opal can offer you:
• Opportunities to enhance and develop your career in Aged Care with succession planning and training.
• A competitive salary.
• Supportive Management.
• Access to leading talent and management programs
• Health and wellness programs
• Work/life balance.
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system and undergo pre-employment medical. You may also be required to attend a drug screen.
You must also be willing to obtain a personal NDISWC through your state government provider prior to commencing employment with us.
Please note: a current flu vaccination will also be required for you to work in our homes.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit: