At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal is one of the largest residential care providers in Australia, with 80 care communities in NSW, VIC, QLD, and WA. We have more than 9,000 dedicated team members caring for over 6,500 residents.
About Belmore Place Care Community (52 Bed Care Home):
Located in Lakemba in the heart of Sydney's West, Belmore Place is a charming vintage style home with a warm and friendly atmosphere.
About the Lifestyle Coordinator role:
The Lifestyle Coordinator role is Full-Time, Mon- Fri, 9am to 5pm (with some leniency to these hours to ensure work is completed).
In this role you will be responsible for designing, evaluating and carrying out the lifestyle programs for residents in our aged care home. You will also lead the leisure & lifestyle team. You will be reporting through to the General Manager.
Our ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ideally a Bachelor Degree in Health Science (Therapeutic Recreation) or Cert IV in Leisure & Health or equivalent
- Passion and ambition to work with the elderly and ensure they live a meaningful life
- Previous experience coordinating Lifestyle and Recreation programs in large residential aged care facilities would be highly regarded
- Previous experience managing a team
- Must be able to coordinate a program of activities and be willing to lead some of these activities
- Experience collecting and analysing data and be able to utilize the data to create programs and activities for the residents
- Experience working with clients with dementia would be highly regarded
- A competitive hourly rate
- Focus on work/life balance
- A friendly, social, collaborative team environment
- Access to health and wellness programs
- Professional training and Lifestyle team meetings with Coordinators company-wide
- Access to the Opal Scholarship Program and a number of degree/courses to further your career development
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system and undergo pre-employment medical.
Please note: in accordance with government directions a current flu vaccination will also be required for you to work in our homes.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit: https://careers.opalagedcare.com.au/en/listing/