At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal is one of the largest residential care providers in Australia, with 80 Care Communities in NSW, VIC, QLD, and WA. We have more than 9,000 dedicated team members caring for over 6,500 residents.
About our homes in the Inner West:
- Ashfield Terrace Care Community - 132 bed care community centrally located in Ashfield. It is a very modern aged care home with an onsite cafe and many terraced balconies. It is within close proximity to public transport.
- Annandale Grove Care Community - 68 bed care community located in in the peaceful, leafy heart of Annandale with easy access to local cafes, transport options, and the CBD.
- Chiswick Manor Care Community - 116 bed care community located set in a quiet location by the Parramatta River, not far from Abbotsford Bay, where we enjoy the benefits of gentle sea breezes.
- Stanmore Place Care Community - 69 bed care community located in a quiet residential street of Stanmore. The home is just 5km from the CB and is close to public transport.
About the opportunity:
Opal are currently looking for Catering, Cleaning and Laundry professionals to join the hospitality teams at one of our four care communities located in the Inner West; Annandale Grove, Ashfield Terrace, Chiswick Manor and Stanmore Place.
There are Permanent Part-Time and Casual work opportunities available.
We are looking for team members who are flexible and willing to work a range of shifts including; Morning and Afternoon.
Please note: If you are successful you will be allocated to one Opal home only. You will not work across all four.
The successful candidates will possess:
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Kitchen hand experience, preferably in aged care
- Previous experience in a commercial cleaning or a busy kitchen/ cleaning role
- A certificate in food safety would be highly regarded
- Empathy with the needs of the frail aged (dementia care included)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
What you can expect from us:
- Industry leading hourly rates
- Family friendly rosters
- A friendly, social, collaborative team
- Career progression to move up & across into roles within a growing organisation - at Opal we are passionate about growing our team from within!
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system and undergo pre-employment medical.
Please note: in accordance with government directions a current flu vaccination will also be required for you to work in our homes. Also, all successful candidates will be required to obtain an NDIS Worker Check.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit: https://careers.opalagedcare.com.au/en/listing/
To meet some of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit https://www.opalagedcare.com.au/about-us/meet-our-team/