Information Technology, Infrastructure
ICT Infrastructure Consultant
CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal HealthCare is one of Australia’s largest aged care providers, with 80 care communities across four states and employs a team of over 9,000 nationally.
The key purpose of this position is to manage the ICT infrastructure and services Opal provide to team members and residents. You will work in an agile manner alongside a team responsible for design, implementation and administration of on-premise and cloud infrastructure including network and security.
You key responsibilities will be:
- Support, implement and improve central infrastructure, network, cloud, and systems.
- Continuous upgrades of firmware, software, and hardware across all infrastructure systems.
- Document the design, operation and troubleshooting of technology platforms and procedures.
- Support, maintain and action day-to-day operations of the server, network and cloud technology.
- Supporting the development of advice on cyber security issues within relevant strategies, programs, and policies.
- Professionally represent the ICT Infrastructure Team as a technical consultant on projects and business as usual requests.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends.
- Participate in mentoring and coaching of junior/new ICT staff.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including System Administrators, Developers, Testers, Architects, Business Analysts, and external partners.
The successful candidate will hold:
- Experience administering and implementing M365 Security and Compliance toolset
- Security conscious, knowledge and experience of networking concepts/ technologies, Privilege Access Management, Cyber security systems
- In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF)
- CCNA certified (or equivalent certification)
- Hands-on experience of system administration of Windows server-side infrastructure (Windows server (2008, 2012, 2016), Active Directory, Server Hardware etc.) and associated technologies e.g. AD, DNS, DHCP, WINS and Group Policies.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience managing and configuring Windows Servers (2008, 2012, 2016, 2019)
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience managing enterprise networking stack (TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, NAT, PAT, VLAN, Switching, and Routing)
- Minimum 3+ years firewall administration (CheckPoint highly regarded)
- Current MCSA / MCSE or equivalent experience is highly regarded
What we can offer you?
- Join a team of high-performing, collaborative IT professionals
- A competitive salary with the opportunity to enhance and develop your career
- Be part of a growing organisation with an inclusive culture
- The opportunity to work for one of Australia’s most progressive and innovative leaders within Aged Care
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system and undergo pre-employment medical. You may also be required to attend a drug screen.
You must also be willing to obtain a personal NDISWC through your state government provider prior to commencing employment.
Please note: a current flu vaccination will also be required for you to work in our homes.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/careers-enquiry
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/why-choose-opal/about-opal
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results
Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time