Service Desk Analyst, Sydney CBD
CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
At Opal Health Care, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal Health Care is one of Australia’s largest health care providers, with 80 care communities across four states and employs a team of 9,000 nationally.
About the role:
We are seeking an enthusiastic and proactive End User Service’s (EUS) Support person to provide assistance and support for our team members both in-office and remotely. The role is an integral part of the IT Team, and works closely with both Infrastructure and Application Support services. The successful candidate will be working in a fun and collaborative team of 8 IT professionals reporting to Opal Health Care’s, End User Services Manager.
If you are a L1 IT professional with 2-3 years’ experience and looking to grow your career in a permanent capacity in a rapidly transforming organisation and sector then apply today!
The ideal candidate will have strong experience and capabilities working in an IT service desk role or equivalent, providing support across the following key responsibilities and not limited to:
- Identify and resolve incidents, changes, problems and requests for technical and non-technical assistance via phone, email, chat and remote support tools, in an effective and timely manner within Service Level’s
- Sound level of technical support for user desktop ( hardware and software ), such as PCs, printer, telephony and application issues or requests.
- Diagnose and own Infrastructure faults, work through and engage the relevant expertise to resolve.
- Perform infrastructure, desktop, server, network and telephony administration, software installations, coordinate upgrades
- Perform basic administration tasks (such as password resets, account creations/deletions, telephony configuration) within OPAL guidelines
- Document all service desk interactions in our ITSM tool
- Participate in creating technical documents and uploading into knowledge base; and
- Ability to take on complex challenges with appropriate resources, engaging with other departments as well as internal and external vendors
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- 2 -3 years’ experience or equivalent in a similar role.
- Experience with Microsoft Products such as MS Office (O365) and Workstation OS, Active Directory, Exchange and Citrix;
- Understanding of Servers and Network(s), e.g. windows and switches etc.
- Understanding and knowledge of ITSM tools
- Bachelor Degree / Diploma in IT or equivalent preferred;
- Industry vendor certifications highly regarded (Microsoft MCP, CISCO, and Citrix etc.).
- Strong and Effective Personal Attributes such as communication, time management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to liaise with up to 40 end users in a day
Applicants must be available to work a rotating roster Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am and 6pm, after hours work and travel could be required.
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system and undergo pre-employment medical. You may also be required to attend a drug screen.
You must also be willing to obtain a personal NDISWC through your state government provider prior to commencing employment.
Please note: a current flu vaccination will also be required for you to work in our homes.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit:
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/why-choose-opal/about-opal
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results
Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time