Assistant in Nursing
Assistant in Nursing - Katoomba Views Care Community
Blue Mountains & Central West
At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal HealthCare is one of Australia’s largest aged care providers, with 80 care communities in four states and over 9,000 team members nationally. Opal Healthcare has one of the strongest growth trajectories in the industry with ten new aged care homes scheduled to open in the next two years.
About Katoomba Views Care Community:
Located in one of Katoomba's oldest historical buildings, the former guesthouse retains a home like atmosphere for their 90 residents.
About the role:
Katoomba Views Care Community is looking for experienced Assistants in Nursing to join their care team on a casual basis, with opportunity to progress to permanent in the near future. We are currently looking for experienced casual AIN's for to join our Katoomba Views Care Community.
Please note; successful applicants must be flexible to work a range of AM, PM or Night Duty shifts.
Successful candidates will have:
- Certificate III in Aged Care or equivalent.
- Work experience as an Assistant in Nursing in Australia.
- Knowledge of aged care regulations and funding and the 8 new aged care standards would be highly regarded, but not essential.
- Empathy towards the needs of the frail aged (dementia care included) is essential along with your passion for delivering high quality care.
What you can expect from us:
- Industry leading hourly rates
- An RN-led model of care, with RNs on shift at all of our facilities 24/7
- A friendly, social, collaborative team
- Ability to become a part of Opal Scholarships Program with intention for career progression.
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system and obtain a personal NDISWC through your state government provider. You may also be required to undergo pre-employment medical and attend a drug screen.
Please note: a current flu vaccination is required to work at Opal HealthCare and from 17 September 2021, a COVID-19 vaccination will also become a requirement of employment.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit:
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/why-choose-opal/about-opal
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results
Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time