Plumber, Electrician, Trades and other services, Bus Driver
Maintenance Support Officer - Ashmore Gardens Care Community
At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do. Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal HealthCare is one of Australia’s largest aged care providers, with 80 homes in four states, employing a team of over 9,000 nationally. Opal has one of the strongest growth trajectories in the industry with eight new aged care homes scheduled to open in the next two years.
About the Role:
- Full time role working Monday to Friday
- Reporting directly to the General Manager
- Building and equipment maintenance on an ongoing basis
- Liaison with external contractors where required
- Lawn and garden maintenance as required
- Management of Fire Safety & Evacuation Procedures
Our ideal candidates will demonstrate:
- Previous Maintenance experience in a Facilities or Accommodation setting
- LR driving licence
- Trade Qualifications (ideally in Construction, Electrical or Plumbing)
- Thorough knowledge of legislative requirements pertaining to maintenance and repairs including WHS and Fire Safety
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
What Opal can offer you:
- Work/life balance with daytime, weekday hours
- Pro-rata Annual Leave and Sick Leave
- Stability of work in a growing, rewarding industry
- Opportunities to specialise and develop into other areas of aged care
- Employee Referral Program – earn bonuses for inviting your friends to work with us!
- A collaborative team environment with supportive management
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance via Opal’s police check system and undergo a pre-employment medical. You may also be required to attend a drug screen and complete psychometric testing.
You must also be willing to obtain a personal NDISWC through your state government provider prior to commencing employment with us.
Please note: a current flu vaccination will also be required for you to work in our homes, as well as at least one dose of the COVID19 vaccine from September 17, 2021.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit:
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/why-choose-opal/about-opal
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results
Refer a friend