Kitchen Hand, Food Services Attendant, Chef
Weekend Chef - Bankstown Terrace Care Community
South West & M5 Corridor
At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
At Opal, we strive to deliver an outstanding resident food experience every day. Our dedicated team of chefs lovingly prepare a range of meals and snacks fresh from the kitchen every day. Our food services team are devoted to creating enjoyable food experiences for all residents, particularly as their dietary requirements and preferences change.
This role will require weekend availability - some weekday shifts will be optional.
Our Weekend Cook will be responsible for:
- Contribute to the creation of the seasonal menu.
- Create nutritious meals and snacks in line with the food services program.
- Deliver food services in line with food safety program.
- Create enjoyable food experiences for customers.
- Creating hero moments for our customers.
Our ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Passion for food
- Talented kitchen and service leadership
- Desire to grow and develop
- Cert. IV in Commercial Cooking or trade qualification
- Current Food Handling Certificate or Food Safety Supervisor Certificate
- Opportunity to work with a group of experienced chefs who share a passion for food and creating food experiences that delight
- Opportunity to grow as a chef
- A customer centric work environment
- Professional development opportunities
- Health and wellness programs
- Work/life balance
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance via Opal’s police check system and undergo a pre-employment medical. You may also be required to attend a drug screen and complete psychometric testing.
Please note: a current flu vaccination will also be required for you to work in our homes.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit:
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/why-choose-opal/about-opal
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results
Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time