At Opal Health Care, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal HealthCare is one of Australia’s leading aged care providers, with 80 Care Communities and dedicated team of over 9,000 across Australia. We are growing, and we invite you to join us on this journey.
We are currently seeking an outstanding General Manager to lead the team at our Dubbo Homestead Care Community. With 80 beds, Dubbo Homestead Care Community is located in the health precinct surrounding Dubbo Base Hospital, with easy access to the town centre. We offer warm and welcoming country hospitality for people from all walks of life, many of whom are lifelong locals to the region. We have strong ties to the Dubbo community who have contributed a beautiful water feature to complement our new gardens and garden beds.
We’re a happy and inclusive home where everyone is welcome and connection is at the heart of our care. Our gardens are popular with residents who like to admire the different varieties of plants, and those who enjoy growing fresh herbs for our chef to cook up in hearty, country-style meals. We encourage our residents to pursue their interests be painting or art therapy, listening to music, or enjoying Virtual or Augmented Reality experiences that support cognition and reminiscence.
This role will inspire you every day to deliver on Opal’s purpose ‘to bring joy to those we care for’ while challenging your abilities to operate a complex service focused business.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A strong and experienced General Manager from a service driven environment
- AHPRA Registration.
- A positive influencer who can instill a strong culture and inspire a diverse team to provide exceptional care to our residents.
- A visible leader who interacts with our team, our residents, their families, and national stakeholders effortlessly
- A motivated operator with the ability to effectively balance exceptional leadership with delivery of financial results, property management, team management and other operational aspects of a well-run home
- Quality focused with demonstrated ability to understand and manage the delivery of quality standards
- A great communicator who thrives on building strong organisational relationships with the local community
What this role will provide you:
- Full support and guidance from your direct Manager and both local and national support teams
- A place on the national leadership team of one of Australia’s leading aged care providers
- Opportunity to collaborate with and be led by some of the best leaders in the sector
- A strong base of local community referral relationships to nurture and grow
- Investment in your leadership career through leadership programs, training, scholarships and more.
At Opal, investing in the future of our leaders is of great importance. In this role, you will have the opportunity to fast-track your leadership career under the support and guidance of your Regional General Manager and national support teams. You will collaborate with, and be led by some of the best leaders in the sector with the access to ongoing leadership pathway programs and scholarships.
Join us to make a meaningful difference.
To meet some of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal Health Care visit: Our Community | Opal HealthCare
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system and obtain a personal NDISWC through your state government provider. You may also be required to undergo pre-employment medical and attend a drug screen.
Please note: a current flu vaccination is required to work at Opal HealthCare and from 17 September 2021, a COVID-19 vaccination will also become a requirement of employment.